Sunday, March 13, 2016

Chris Terrio's Best Script, and Justice League Part Two's New Script Writter

 
At the early stages of Batman v. Superman production, Warner Bros. Studio hired the Academy Award-winner Chris Terrio to revise the script for the movie. Known for his work in Argo, he is probably the biggest pick-up for the BvS team. As most of the script for BvS was edited (or should I say overhauled), he was also hired by WB to write the script for Justice League Part One.

In a recent interview with The Wall Street Journal, Chris claims that he might not return for Justice League Part Two:

There are many more DC movies to come, including a second “Justice League.” Will you be writing more?
I have written “Justice League Part One,” but I won’t necessarily write “Part Two.” This has been the most rigorous intellectual exercise I’ve had in my writing life. For “Batman v Superman,” I wanted to really dig into everything from ideas about American power to the structure of revenge tragedies to the huge canon of DC Comics to Amazon mythology. For “Justice League,” I could be reading in the same day about red- and blueshifts in physics, Diodorus of Sicily and his account of the war between Amazons and Atlanteans, or deep-sea biology and what kind of life plausibly might be in the Mariana Trench.
If you told me the most rigorous dramaturgical and intellectual product of my life would be superhero movies, I would say you were crazy. But I do think fans deserve that. I felt I owed the fan base all of my body and soul for two years because anything less wouldn’t have been appreciating the opportunity I had.
As there are no confirmation that Chris will indeed leave WB after Justice League Part One, all we can do is appreciate the man's blood and sweat. His concept for the DC Extended Universe is quite astonishing and unprecedented. Batman v Superman is one thing. But just the thought of adding The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, and Wonder Woman to the mix, man that's something else. Chris Terrio can dig deep into the DC lore.

But we shouldn't worry about this interview. At the other side of the fence, Joss Whedon still maintains his presence in Marvel Studios. Chris can actually do the same thing. He can serve as a consultant for the remaining DC Movies.

But who knows. Batman v. Superman might reach the Billion Dollar mark. All WB has to do is give Chris millions and millions of dollars to keep him under their belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment